TEXPO, a global IT company, looking to hire for its Karachi office, a highly skilled and passionate Senior Software QA Engineer to join its fast paced engineering team.
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Estimate and review QA efforts as part of the overall development effort.
- Consult with product development team to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Develop and Execute testing plans/strategy.
- Track and report upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Check for timely delivery of different milestones.
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Work closely with software developers to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds
- Working with trainers and technical writers to develop user manuals for the applications.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S / M.S in Computer Science/Engineering field or a relevant combination of education.
- 6+ years’ total experience and minimum 2 years of experience as Senior QA Engineer role with solid progression in responsibility
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Main areas of competency: System Operational Assurance, System Functionality Assurance, and System Security Assurance
- Expert ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing